Why Badger and Fox live underground?

It is said that at one time beasts and animals were tailless. Only the lion king had a tail.

It was very difficult to live without a tail. In the winter they still lived somehow, but as soon as the summer came the fly and there was no escape from the mosquito. No matter how much they called for help, there was no helper.

Learned of this the king of beasts and ordered everyone to come and get a tail from him. King messengers flew around the world to summon beasts. Փող փչեցին, beat drums, woke everyone up. They told everyone except the bear. They searched hard and finally found him sleeping in the cave. They woke him up and ordered him to go immediately and get a tail . But the bear was not in a hurry, he was walking calmly. He looked around, looking for honey. Here he saw a blow on the tree, must gather strength before I can reach the king. The tree rose, full of honey. Mumbling with joy, he began to take out honey with his paws and eat greedily. He was satisfied when he saw that he was lost in the honey. How do I look like a king? He entered the river, swam and lay down to sleep.

During this time the Gauls gathered near the king. The fox came first. He saw different tails, bowed to the king and said:

-My brilliant king, I was the first to respond to your order, let me choose the tail I want.

Well, it did not matter to the lion what tail he would give to the fox.

– Well, choose the one you want.

The cunning fox chose the most beautiful and long tail.

After the fox came the squirrel, and he chose a beautiful tail for himself, then the mink, the belly and the other animals. The last one came rabbit .

-Where have you been? There is only a tiny tail left,- said the lion.

-That is enough for me

After parting everyone tail, the king went to sleep.

It was getting dark, only the bear woke up and remembered that he had to hurry to the king. He reached the palace, but there was no tail left, no beast.

Չարացած returned to his forest. Suddenly, on the way, he saw Badger sitting , admiring her tail.

-Listen, badger , give me what you need the tail for.

What do you say, brother bear? How can I give you this beautiful tail?

Do not give it by mistake, I will take it by force,- said the bear, putting his paw on the stomach.

– I will not give it,- he shouted and ran away

A piece of the tail of the bear was left under the bear paw, the tail stuck to him and he went to eat the rest of the honey.

And the stomach was not calm, it seemed to him that the bear would come somewhere and take its tail. And he dug a big nest in the ground and lived there. The wound healed, but a scar remained.One day a fox was passing by, saw the burrow and asked,

– What is the top?

– Yes, sister fox, it is a nuisance that if it were not for looking for food, I would not go out at night. And he told what had happened. The fox thought that his tail was more beautiful than his belly, and out of fear he went to look for a place. Finally, he dug a hole in the ground and entered.

From that day on, the fox and the fox badger to live in the dungeon.